- 30 min
- 45 min to 1 h
- 4 servings (16 to 20 chicken wings)
Besides the fact that they both taste wonderful, neither chickens or pigs can actually fly. Well… We thought long and hard about this one and came up with another incredible thing that brings these two tasty critters together. Bacon Wings! The perfect reunion of unairworthy protein is finally here. You’ll never see grilled chicken wings in the same light ever again. You know that age old expression ‘’When pigs fly’’? Well this isn’t this. But it’s grilled chicken wings with crumbly bits of salty bacon goodness glued on with sweet, sweet barbecue sauce. Are you salivating yet? Wait till you smell these grilled chicken wings. You’ll need the Hoover dam as a bib. And hold off on the paper towels until you’re done. You’ll be licking bacon bits off your fingers and loving every digit. So we’ll happily take the compliments and praise for our awesome grilled chicken wings recipe but we completely understand if your mouth is too full.
Tools & Supplies
- Preheat your grill for indirect heat between 400°F and 425°F.
- Season chicken wings on both sides with Montreal Barbecue Rub.
- Place wings on your grill grate over indirect heat and toss a few wood chunks onto hot coals for smoking. Cook wings until internal temperature of the meat reaches between 175°F and 185°F. Brush with BBQ sauce during the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- While chicken wings are cooking, cook bacon in a skillet then let cool completely. Crumble bacon and mix with and brown sugar. Set aside.
- Once wings are fully cooked, remove from heat and sprinkle with the bacon and brown sugar mixture to coat evenly.