- 20 min
- 10 min
- 4 servings
So you like hotdogs, right? And you like grilled octopus? Well, you’re in luck. Here comes the pulpo dog. The purist will disagree, but sometimes, something a little different is necessary to really get those foodie juices flowing. Yes, I meant saliva. Grilled octopus in a bun seems like an unlikely fusion, but you won’t want to knock it till you’ve tried it. Here’s where the open seas meet the grandstands and knock it out of the ballpark. As you chow down on this grilled octopus delicacy, you’ll be singing ‘’take me out to the ballgame’’ all the way back to the table, where you’ll be topping off your plate before the start of the second inning.
- Preheat your grill for direct heat.
- Preheat a cast iron skillet with olive oil. Sauté the shallots, garlic, chorizo and apples until slightly soft then add the Piri-Piri sauce and butter and continue to cook for 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Season octopus tentacles with Montreal Rub.
- Grill octopus for 2 minutes per side.
- Assemble pulpo dogs with a scoop of chorizo piri-piri sauce, a grilled octopus tentacle, a drizzle of honey mustard sauce and some fresh dill.